When your baggage goes over the weight limit you’re hit with a fee. Hand luggage needs to fit into an overhead compartment whether you’re travelling by bus, coach or plane. A lighter bag will make your life easier when you’re walking even short distances. Just three reasons why packing light will save you time, energy and money. Here are a few tips for saving your stress levels and shoe leather on a long trip:
• Don’t pack rubbish you won’t need – When travelling always take half as many clothes and twice as much money!
• Use compact multi-function clothes rather than taking your entire wardrobe. Pick items which can be used functionally in all weathers. Trousers with zip off legs are good since they are multi-purpose. (Shorts and trousers in one). Use travel clothes which don’t need ironing and will be useful for the country you are travelling to. Prepare for the weather.
• Use a travel towel. You don’t want to double up on useless items which you will find in your hotel anyway like towels, hair dryers or trouser presses!! Even items like soap and shower gel will all add up.
• If you’re taking fluids (which you may have to dump at the airport anyway), use a fold down container rather than a plastic bottle. It’s still useful and less bulky when empty.
• Leave gadgets behind, especially ones which are bulky and unnecessary. Take only what you will be using. Mobile phones now have so many gadget’s built-in they are almost indispensable!
• You will always find things on your travels to purchase, other countries have stores too! Leave room to add your purchases and leave things behind if you’re not sure about bringing them
• Avoid taking too many shoes. Shoes take up lots of space so take only your most useful multi- function shoes which are the most versatile.
There are many advantages of carrying only one back on your holidays. For starters you have all your kit with you and will save a heap of time either side on the airport. No lost luggage problems and much easier to move around.
There is a variety of bags to choose from and a popular favourite is the wheeled suit case. I prefer a rucksack since it fits in most luggage racks but you can also get a convertible carry on backpack/suitcase which offers the convenience of a rucksack with the wheels too so you can take the weight off. Consider how much your bag weighs before getting one and always aim to find the lightest luggage.
If you’re travelling abroad be sure to take advantage of an airport parking comparison site to find the best parking deals at your local airport. Use an airport parking promo code to save money and get a discount of all airport parking.